Jos crisis: Calm returns
Jos— Calm has returned to Mazah village near the Plateau State capital which came under attack early Saturday with the survivors thronging to church, yesterday, to thank God for sparing their lives.
This is amidst the deployment of more military men to the area to maintain security as the search for the attackers continued. Spokesman of the Special Military Task Force, Lt. Col Kingsley Umoh, who confirmed the deployment of more men to the area, however, said no arrest had been made in connection with the attack.
Reverend Pandan Yamsat and Prophet Isa El-Buba, General Overseer of the Evangelical Bible Outreach Ministry International, EBOMI, who were at the village, yesterday, to fellowship with the people encouraged them to take heart despite what happened.
Meanwhile, some members of the Christian community in the state, comprising EBOMI and the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, PFN, have accused security forces of refusing to act on information on planned attacks of communities in the state.
Spokesman of the groups, Prophet El-Buba told journalists that evidence of the planned attack were made available to security agencies but they took no action.
“All evidences were presented to the security operatives about the planned attack from outside the state but no action was taken to avert the situation. Few days ago, I addressed a press conference based on what happened. We called on the security men that there was plan to attack on Saturday; the Government knew about these people. The State Security Service (SSS) were given all the details.