Football Pools One Banker Draw Prediction

LiveScores,pools result,Football Pools,Sure Draw Prediction,Pools Panel,Coupon Result,3 NAP Banker,Week Winning numbers

Sambo confirmed as Nigeria Vice President

Started by AbleFast.com, May 19, 2010, 03:39:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbleFast.com

Sambo confirmed as Nigeria Vice President

ABUJA – THE Senate today approved the former governor of Kaduna State, Architect Namadi Sambo as the Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria following his nomination by president Goodluck Jonathan.

And contrary to the earlier submission by the spokesman of the senate, Senator Ayogu Eze that another day for the approval would be chosen yesterday, the senate had to suspend its rule to give an expeditious approval as requested by president Goodluck Jonathan Leader of the senate, Senato Teslim Folarin who read the letter from the president
forwarding the name of Namadi Samadi invoked Order 42 (2) of the senate rule to submit the name.

Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu who led debate on the confirmation said the assignment at hand was 'important and historic', saying that Namadi Sambo has the requisite experience and qualifications to effectively carry out the duties of the Vice President.

"We have before us a very important and historic assignment before us and this is the first time we are doing this under the 1999 Constitution. Today we are having been called upon to perform such historic assignment pursuance of Section 146 (3) of our Constitution. Mr. President, my distinguished colleagues the nominee is well known to all of us having been a governor and a Commissioner in Kaduna state.

"We believe your Excellency, my distinguished colleagues, that he is capable, he has temperament, he has experience to become the Vice President of Nigeria. We can only add that in doing so he must see himself as a pan Nigeria to ensure that all part of Nigeria will be his constituency. I am sure he is a bridge builder who ensures that both arms of government, all the arms of government at different level of government are coordinated for effective governance of this country; I therefore support this nomination and urge our colleagues to do so."

After the lead debate, Senators unanimously called for his confirmation by asking the Senate President, Senator David Mark to put the question.

Senator Mark taking a cue from the Senators asked for the confirmation of architect Sambo as the Vice President of Nigeria, and the Senators through voice votes, overwhelmingly voted yes.

The Senate President after the confirmation assured the Vice President of the support of the Legislature and urged him to work hard for the betterment of the nation.

© AbleFast Football Pools, All Rights Reserved.

AbleFast.com - Privacy Policy.