Football Pools One Banker Draw Prediction

LiveScores,pools result,Football Pools,Sure Draw Prediction,Pools Panel,Coupon Result,3 NAP Banker,Week Winning numbers

Al-Mustafa not treated fairly – IBB

Started by AbleFast.com, August 10, 2010, 08:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbleFast.com

Al-Mustafa not treated fairly – IBB
KADUNA—Former Military President, General Ibrahim Babangida, has urged the Federal Government to release the former Chief Security Officer (CSO) to late Head of State, Gen. Sani Abacha, Major Hamza  Al-Mustapha from detention.

Babangida who spoke on a Voice of America (VOA) Hausa service interview monitored in Kaduna yesterday, said it was unjust to detain the former CSO for 12 years for whatever offence he must have committed.

He further said he had no hand in Al-Mustapha's ordeal which started shortly after Abacha's death in 1998.

His words: "It happened after I left office. But I know him. I have worked with him and I believe, and I have said it before, that they have not been fair to him to leave him in detention for the past 12 years.

"I am among those calling on the Federal Government to release him. This is because if of all the crimes he might have committed, for the past 12 years and they are not known, then there is no justice.

"I am among those pleading for him and I hope he will be released. I am begging this government to release him."
Saying that he had no hand in Al- Mustapha's detention, IBB further told his interviewers that only the government that detained him knew the offence that he reportedly committed.

He continued: "It was the government; it was the government that interrogated him and that was not my government.

"They interrogated him, gathered what they wanted to gather (the evidence) on him and decided to drag him to a judge.

"So, you see, it was not our government."

© AbleFast Football Pools, All Rights Reserved.

AbleFast.com - Privacy Policy.