Football Pools One Banker Draw Prediction

LiveScores,pools result,Football Pools,Sure Draw Prediction,Pools Panel,Coupon Result,3 NAP Banker,Week Winning numbers

No one dare annul 2011 election if I win -IBB

Started by AbleFast.com, July 16, 2010, 05:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbleFast.com

No one dare annul 2011 election if I win -IBB

Former military president, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babaginda, has said no one dare attempt to annul the 2011 presidential election if he contests the election and wins.

General Babangida told newsmen in Kano, on Thursday, after visiting the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero, to sympathise with him over the recent attempt to assassinate him, that with or without zoning he would not withdraw from the 2011 presidential race.

"Remember that, I Babangida ruled this country as a military man. There was no way what happened in military regime will take place in a government of the people for the people and by the people.

"We are in a democratic setting where  action to be taken must be guided by the country's constitution. It is mandatory that we must adhere to the laid down rules and regulations as enshrined in the nation's constitution," he stated.

He said that whether the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) continued with the zoning arrangement or not, he would contest the 2011 presidential election.

He said those who were not happy with the views of the North  on the issue of the PDP's zoning arrangement were free to feel so because the country was in democracy where everybody freely expressed his views on national issues.

The former president, however, said critics of the zoning arrangement should be fair to the North, because, according to him, the region was not the initiator of such a gentleman's agreement.

He explained that Southerners genuinely started the zoning/power shift agitation because they argued that the North had dominated the country's political power since independence.

© AbleFast Football Pools, All Rights Reserved.

AbleFast.com - Privacy Policy.